Cheapest 2014 Ford Expedition Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Ford Expedition? No one in their right mind likes paying for insurance coverage, especially knowing they are paying too much.
With consumers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the lowest price insurance company.
Pay less for 2014 Ford Expedition insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Expedition coverage with select insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2014 Ford Expedition to commute?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, attorney fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Online plus local equals savings
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce 2014 Ford Expedition insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area