Cheapest 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Jaguar X-Type? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Because you have many options, it is hard for the average consumer to find the lowest cost insurance company.
This information will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. But drivers must comprehend how companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Factors that can influence Jaguar X-Type insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jaguar has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High deductibles save money – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on X-Type coverage.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies award better rates to people who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Is there truth in advertising?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
That is why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Jaguar X-Type insurance rates.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my Jaguar X-Type covered if I use it for business?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage options for a Jaguar X-Type
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, vandalism, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar X-Type.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your X-Type caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, ambulance fees, pain medications, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Don’t be a big spender
We covered a lot of ways to save on 2007 Jaguar X-Type insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE?
To find the cheapest insurance for a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE, consider the following tips:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving without accidents or traffic violations can help lower insurance premiums.
- Opt for a higher deductible: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Take advantage of discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as multi-policy, good student, or safe driver discounts that can help reduce your insurance costs.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs where your premium is based on your driving habits. If you are a safe driver, this could potentially result in lower rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance cost of a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance cost of a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE, including:
- Vehicle value: The higher the value of the car, the more expensive it can be to insure.
- Age and condition: The age and overall condition of the vehicle can impact insurance rates.
- Engine size and power: Cars with larger engines or higher horsepower may have higher insurance premiums.
- Safety features: Equipping your Jaguar X-TYPE with safety features such as anti-theft systems, airbags, and traction control can potentially lower insurance costs.
- Driver profile: Your age, driving experience, and location can also influence insurance rates.
Are there any insurance discounts specific to Jaguar X-TYPE owners?
While there may not be specific discounts exclusively for Jaguar X-TYPE owners, you can still qualify for various discounts offered by insurance providers. Some common discounts that may apply include:
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles with the same insurance company, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Multi-policy discount: Insuring your Jaguar X-TYPE and other policies (such as home or renters insurance) with the same provider can often result in a discount.
- Safe driver discount: Maintaining a good driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can make you eligible for lower insurance rates.
- Good student discount: If you’re a student with good grades, some insurance companies offer discounts for academic achievements.
- Loyalty discount: Some insurance providers offer discounts to customers who have been with them for an extended period.
Are there any specific insurance requirements for a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE?
The insurance requirements for a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE may vary depending on your location and local laws. In general, however, most jurisdictions require liability insurance, which covers damages or injuries to others if you’re at fault in an accident. It’s advisable to consult with your insurance provider and local authorities to ensure you meet all the necessary insurance requirements.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are older and meet certain criteria, such as being at least 15-20 years old and having limited usage or being part of a collector’s inventory. While a 2007 Jaguar X-TYPE may not qualify for classic car insurance, you can still explore options with specialty insurance providers who cater to luxury or high-end vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area