Cheapest 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overpriced Jaguar X-Type insurance can drain your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, drivers do need to know how insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive quote prices for coverage on their websites. This process is quite easy as you simply type in the coverages you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system requests your driving record and credit report and returns a price. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a lower rate.
There is a better way to compare rates
The smarter way to compare insurance coverage pricing uses one simple form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much easier. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for X-Type coverage depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
When might I need help?
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Jaguar X-Type insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies award discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are many extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2002 Jaguar X-Type by improving your rating.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like doctors, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and performers pay the least for X-Type coverage.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will protect you if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Jaguar X-Type earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Jaguar X-Type.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like theft, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your X-Type from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as nursing services, ambulance fees, funeral costs, pain medications and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like court costs, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Smart shoppers get results
Lower-priced 2002 Jaguar X-Type insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area