2007 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2007 Nissan Xterra are $916 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $140, collision insurance costs $144, and liability costs around $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $522 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $1,962. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,764 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $916
Rate estimates for 2007 Nissan Xterra Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2007 Nissan Xterra models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $522 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $1,962 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2007 Nissan Xterra Insurance
Trying to find better car insurance rates? Buyers have many options when searching for affordable Nissan Xterra insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for your Nissan and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Xterra coverage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some excellent ideas to stop overpaying for insurance.
How to Compare Auto Insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies quote prices on the web. This process is quite easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system collects credit information and your driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit several different sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a lower rate.
A quicker way to compare auto insurance pricing makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much more efficient. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quote results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance on Xterra coverage.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your Nissan Xterra insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your Xterra policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies provide discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Xterra can cost quite a bit.
Save $438 a year? Really?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Xterra insurance rates.
Car insurance coverages for a Nissan Xterra
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Xterra from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, hospital visits, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, hail damage, damage from flooding and vandalism. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Shop around and save
Cheap 2007 Nissan Xterra insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,449|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,566|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$51|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$30|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.