Cheapest 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Toyota Highlander Hybrid? Have you fallen victim to overpriced car insurance? Trust us, you’re not the only one.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing.
This article will let you in on how car insurance quotes work. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Nevertheless, car owners should learn how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from insurance coverage companies in your area. The simplest method to find the lowest 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid rates is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A different way to get quotes online requires you to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Farmers and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information with each company. If you use higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best price.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get better insurance rates for Highlander Hybrid coverage.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Toyota from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Highlander Hybrid coverage.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Highlander Hybrid may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
What coverages do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How can GEICO, State Farm and Progressive save drivers who switch?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for hospital visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses, pain medications and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More choices the merrier
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area