Cheapest 2007 Volvo XC70 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Volvo XC70? Are you confused by the sheer number of insurance choices? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options that it can easily become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest 2007 Volvo XC70 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. A single form will get you price quotes from multiple companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to analyze rates requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Farmers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is driving around to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare exactly the same coverages with each company. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, funeral expenses and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volvo XC70.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Stretch your dollar
Discount 2007 Volvo XC70 insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area