Cheapest 2008 Volvo XC70 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to get the best deal.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for XC70 insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to save money.
Impacting insurance rates for a Volvo XC70
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your XC70 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Volvo XC70 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates for XC70 insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance for XC70 insurance.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2008 Volvo XC70.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This pays for damage to your XC70 resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like hospital visits, doctor visits, ambulance fees, nursing services and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, legal defense fees and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Quote more, save more
Low-cost 2008 Volvo XC70 insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheaper auto insurance rates?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to take advantage of online tools provided by larger insurance companies. By entering your information, such as education level, driver ages, credit level, and the need for SR-22, you can receive quotes from multiple highly-rated insurers, allowing you to compare rates and potentially save.
Are there any discounts available for 2008 Volvo S80 insurance rates?
Yes, there may be discounts available to help offset the cost of car insurance. While some discounts are automatically applied at the time of quoting, others need to be specifically requested. Discounts may vary among companies, so it’s best to check with each company to see which discounts they offer.
How do I tailor my auto insurance coverage to my needs?
Selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles depends on your specific situation. To determine the appropriate coverage, consider factors such as your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, and your personal preferences. If you’re unsure about the coverage you need, it’s recommended to consult with an insurance agent who can provide guidance based on your circumstances.
How do insurance companies make similar claims about savings in their advertisements?
Insurance companies often use driver profiling to determine the rates they offer. They target desirable insured individuals who meet specific criteria, such as a certain age range, clean driving record, and high deductibles. By focusing on this profile, companies can offer competitive rates and promote savings. However, it’s crucial to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the one that offers the lowest rates for your specific circumstances.
How can I switch insurance coverage companies?
Switching insurance coverage companies is relatively easy. However, it’s important not to reduce coverage limits just to save money, as this can lead to higher costs in the long run. When switching, focus on obtaining the best coverage you can afford without compromising critical coverages. You can compare prices from both online sources and local insurance agents to find the most suitable option for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area