Hummer Hummer H3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
You have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price on H3 coverage two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
What determines your HUMMER H3 insurance premium
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – Credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2008 HUMMER H3 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when talking about insurance coverage. Lower population translates into fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the HUMMER H3 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least on H3 coverage.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance on H3 coverage.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on H3 coverage with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive protection – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, loss of income, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your H3 resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, nursing services, hospital visits, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Get your money’s worth
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered many ways to compare 2008 HUMMER H3 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional car insurance information is available below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area