2008 Land Rover LR2 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2008 Land Rover LR2 are $1,120 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $212 a year, collision costs $272, and liability coverage costs $478. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $526 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,404. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,390 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,120
Rate estimates for 2008 Land Rover LR2 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2008 Land Rover LR2 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $526 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,404 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why it is important for drivers to compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2008 Land Rover LR2 Insurance
Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me, you’re not the only one. Because there are so many different company options, it’s difficult to choose the most cost effective insurer.
This article will instruct you on the best way to quote coverages. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare prices online.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Land Rover LR2
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Land Rover every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your LR2 may be costing you.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Urban drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some insurance coverage companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
Cut prices on Land Rover LR2 insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for LR2 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you change your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements will have to pay higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Land Rover LR2 insurance rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my 2008 Land Rover LR2 covered for smoke damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your LR2 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Knowledge is power
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce 2008 Land Rover LR2 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,770|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,914|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$70|
|5-yr Claim Free||$71|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$42|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.