2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 11, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Lancer? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Mitsubishi Lancer can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for your Mitsubishi and get the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best price on Lancer insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Locating affordable protection is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Consumers only need to know how to shop their coverage around online.
Parts of the Mitsubishi Lancer rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, architects and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and homemakers pay the least on Lancer insurance.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will return price quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to shop for auto insurance online requires a visit to the website of each company and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Esurance and State Farm. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same insurance coverage policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, vandalism, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, emergency aid, funeral expenses and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage to your Lancer resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Pennies from heaven
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Low-cost 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area