How Much Does 2008 Nissan Frontier Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Drivers just need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Frontier insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Insurance Coverage Prices
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system gets information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price. Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price possible.
The quickest way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form to return rates from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can select any one of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Nissan Frontier rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance coverage policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Frontier may be wasting your money.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are known to be more careless when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married actually saves money when buying insurance coverage. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2008 Nissan Frontier?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages for a 2008 Nissan Frontier
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Frontier.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Compare but don’t skimp
Budget-conscious 2008 Nissan Frontier insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered many tips how you can save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area