Cheapest 2008 Saturn Aura Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Saturn Aura? Nobody I know likes having to buy insurance coverage, in particular when they are paying too much.
Drivers have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Factors influencing Saturn Aura insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Saturn Aura earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your auto insurance policy. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a teen driver to your policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
How to reduce 2008 Saturn Aura insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance for Aura coverage.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Aura coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, fire damage, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Aura resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like funeral costs, dental work, hospital visits, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Never pay more for less
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 2008 Saturn Aura insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area