Cheaper 2008 Scion tC Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from when looking for insurance rates for a Scion tC, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, too many choices make it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Finding the best Scion tC insurance rates is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods.
Drivers should learn the methods companies use to market on the web because it can help them find cheaper auto insurance rates and better coverage.
Factors that Affect Scion tC insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurance companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with a theft-deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology, and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2008 Scion tC by improving your rating.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risky to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Where you live – Living in a small town has its advantages when it comes to car insurance. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Discounts mean cheaper Scion tC insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well-known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for tC coverage with certain companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before their current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Scion could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance for tC coverage.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for tC coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision, or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double-check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Save Money by Changing Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate, and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. They all say the same thing about savings if you move to their company. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Scion tC insurance.
Customize Insurance for Scion tC
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie-cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2008 Scion tC is worth?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my 2008 Scion tC covered for smoke damage?
Scion tC Car Insurance Coverage Options
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses such as prosthetic devices, dental work, funeral costs, nursing services, and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap in your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is an important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your tC from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, medical expenses, legal defense fees, and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Take this to the bank
Budget-conscious 2008 Scion tC insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and usually, these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas on how you can reduce 2008 Scion tC insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates.
Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area