2011 Chrysler TC Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Car insurance shopping is not something consumers look forward to, but like it or not it is mandatory before the rubber hits the road.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best rates on tC coverage a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the quickest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding more affordable insurance coverage is not that difficult. But vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to price online insurance.
Scion tC insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your insurance coverage rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like pilots, students and retirees receive lower rates on tC coverage.
- Increase deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Scion. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on tC coverage.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Scion tC.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays for damage to your tC resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, emergency aid and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper 2011 Scion tC insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When you buy insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area