Cheapest 2008 Subaru Forester Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating low-cost insurance for a Subaru Forester can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates on a Subaru and obtain the cheapest rates.
How to Compare Insurance
Comparing insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting for quick rates.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each company can provide price quotes based on that information. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Is my situation unique?
When buying coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2008 Subaru Forester is totaled?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, vandalism and hail damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Subaru Forester.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Forester from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare insurance rates for my Subaru Forester?
Comparing insurance rates for your Subaru Forester can be done efficiently online. Rather than contacting local insurance agents individually, you can use online quoting tools to obtain quick rates. Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace where you can complete one form, and each company will provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time and effort. However, keep in mind that this method may not allow you to choose specific providers for comparison. If you prefer to select specific insurance companies, you can refer to a listing of companies that write insurance in your area.
Is my insurance situation unique?
When buying insurance coverage, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all policy. Each situation is different. To determine the coverages you need for your vehicles, consider asking yourself the following questions:
- Do I have health insurance coverage that extends to medical expenses resulting from car accidents?
- Am I concerned about damages that are not caused by collisions, such as hitting a deer or vandalism?
- Do I want protection if I’m involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist?
- Am I aware of the liability coverage I need to protect against damages I may cause to others?
- Do I want collision coverage to pay for damages to my vehicle caused by collisions?
If you’re unsure about these questions, it may be beneficial to consult with a licensed insurance agent who can provide personalized advice based on your specific needs.
What coverages should I consider for my Subaru Forester?
Understanding different insurance coverages can help you determine which ones you need for your Subaru Forester. Here are some key coverages to consider:
- Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): These coverages help pay for medical expenses resulting from car accidents, including rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, and X-ray costs. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance or if you don’t have health coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive insurance covers damages to your vehicle that are not caused by collisions. It can include damages from incidents like hitting a deer, vandalism, or hail damage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) Coverage: This coverage protects you and your vehicle when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who does not have enough liability coverage. It can help pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Subaru Forester.
- Liability Auto Insurance: Liability coverage pays for damages to other people’s property or injuries caused by an accident that is your fault. It typically includes coverage limits for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage.
- Collision Coverage: Collision insurance pays for damages to your Forester caused by collisions with other vehicles or objects. You’ll need to pay a deductible before the coverage applies.
Remember to evaluate your coverage needs and consider your vehicle’s value when selecting coverage options.
How can I find companies with the cheapest insurance rates in my area?
To find companies with the cheapest insurance rates in your area, you can use a free online quote tool. By entering your ZIP code, you can access a list of companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates. It’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple companies to increase your chances of finding the most affordable rates.
How do I use the online quote tool to compare rates?
To use the online quote tool and compare rates, simply enter your ZIP code on the provided form. The tool will then provide you with a list of companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates in your area. It’s important to ensure that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles when comparing quotes to accurately determine which rate is best for you.
Are the insurance rates provided by the online quote tool guaranteed?
The insurance rates provided by the online quote tool are not guaranteed. They are estimates based on the information you provide. Actual rates may vary depending on additional factors considered by insurance companies during the underwriting process, such as driving history, credit score, and other risk factors. To obtain accurate quotes, it’s recommended to contact insurance companies directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area