Cheapest 2008 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Impreza? Locating low-cost insurance for a Subaru Impreza could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Subaru and get the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s smart to check insurance coverage prices at least once a year because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Impreza coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance
All major auto insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
There is a better way!
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping much more efficient. After sending the form, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Pay less by taking advantage of these nine discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance on Impreza coverage.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance rates on Impreza coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Impreza coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of companies with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2008 Subaru Impreza is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like EMT expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Impreza from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Spend less. Save more.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce 2008 Subaru Impreza insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Cheaper insurance can be purchased on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, high prices and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area