Cheapest 2009 Acura MDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 28, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Acura MDX insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance coverage online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Acura and obtain the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to check insurance coverage prices once or twice a year since rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rates on MDX insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to find the lowest price on the web.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide information including if your license is active, driver ages, what you do for a living, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Save $455 a year? Really?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you switch to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, owns a home, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not match this ideal profile must pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Acura MDX insurance.
Acura MDX rates are in the details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your 2009 Acura MDX by repairing your credit.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your MDX may be costing you. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to bad drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Acura can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance on MDX insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2009 Acura MDX?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2009 Acura MDX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, vandalism, a broken windshield, falling objects and hitting a bird. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, prosthetic devices, dental work, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Make an honest buck
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2009 Acura MDX insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area