Cheapest 2009 Audi S5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 7, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates for your Audi S5? Finding the most affordable insurance on the web can seem to be rather challenging for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. Because there are so many choices, how can anyone effectively compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Why your Audi S5 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. The more you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be on S5 insurance.
- Big city or small town – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2009 Audi S5 by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Audi could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% on S5 insurance.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on S5 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance on S5 insurance.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your area.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as doctor visits, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi S5.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your S5 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Never pay more for less
Budget-conscious 2009 Audi S5 insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my Audi S5 insurance rates high?
Several factors can contribute to high insurance rates for an Audi S5, including the vehicle’s high value, performance capabilities, and potential for expensive repairs. Additionally, insurance companies consider factors such as your driving record, location, and coverage options when calculating rates.
What discounts can I qualify for to lower my Audi S5 insurance rates?
Insurance companies often offer various discounts that can help reduce your Audi S5 insurance rates. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have multiple insurance policies with the same company), anti-theft device discounts, and good student discounts (if you or a family member on your policy is a student with good grades). It’s important to check with each insurance provider to determine which discounts you may qualify for.
When might I need an insurance agent for my Audi S5 insurance?
While buying insurance online can be convenient, there are situations where consulting with an insurance agent may be beneficial. If you have specific questions about coverage options, need assistance in selecting appropriate coverage limits, or want personalized advice based on your unique circumstances, an insurance agent can provide valuable guidance.
What are some important coverage details to understand for my Audi S5 insurance policy?
It’s essential to familiarize yourself with specific coverages included in your auto insurance policy. Some important coverages for an Audi S5 include:
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage: This coverage pays for medical expenses resulting from injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. It may also cover rehabilitation expenses and lost wages. Note that PIP coverage is only available in select states.
- Liability Coverage: Liability coverage protects you from legal claims if you cause an accident that damages someone else’s property or causes injuries. It typically includes separate limits for bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This coverage safeguards you and your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance or has insufficient coverage. It helps cover your medical expenses and damages caused by the uninsured/underinsured driver.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage pays for the repair or replacement of your Audi S5 if it’s damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object. You’ll need to pay a deductible before the insurance coverage applies.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle against non-collision-related incidents such as theft, vandalism, fire, and natural disasters. Like collision coverage, a deductible applies.
How can I find the most affordable insurance rates for my Audi S5?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for your Audi S5, consider following these steps:
- Comparison Shop: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options. Use online tools and resources to simplify the process.
- Explore Discounts: Inquire about available discounts and ensure you’re taking advantage of all the discounts you qualify for, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and anti-theft device discounts.
- Consider Coverage Options: Review your coverage needs and select appropriate coverage limits based on your circumstances. Avoid sacrificing necessary coverage to save a few dollars.
- Maintain a Good Driving Record: Safe driving habits can lead to lower insurance rates over time. Avoid accidents, traffic violations, and DUI convictions to maintain a clean driving record.
Remember, finding affordable insurance involves considering multiple factors and individual circumstances. It’s important to select coverage that adequately protects you and your vehicle while fitting within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area