Compare 2009 BMW M3 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced BMW M3 insurance can dwindle your personal savings, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
All major insurance coverage companies give insurance quotes online. The process is pretty painless as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these factors. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find a better rate.
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the resulting price quotes. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
How to save on 2009 BMW M3 insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for M3 coverage.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for M3 coverage depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Factors influencing BMW M3 insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
The list below includes some of the factors insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your BMW M3 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance coverage. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2009 BMW M3?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2009 BMW M3 is totaled?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
How can 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm save drivers who switch?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on BMW M3 insurance.
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your M3 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your BMW M3.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, fire damage, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be a penny pincher
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2009 BMW M3 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Much more information about auto insurance is available on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area