Dodge Dodge Caliber Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance coverage options? You’re not alone. Drivers have so many options that it can easily become a lot of work to find the best price.
It is always a good idea to check insurance coverage prices quite often since insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates for Caliber coverage a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Locating affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially anyone who buys insurance coverage will be able to find lower rates. But car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies compete online.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for Caliber coverage with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your premiums.
Car insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as how much coverage you want, an estimate of your credit level, if you lease or own, and distance driven. The rating information is then submitted to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Dodge Caliber rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2009 Dodge Caliber?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2009 Dodge Caliber?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Ads can be misleading
Insurance coverage companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you switch to their company. How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Dodge Caliber insurance rates.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverages – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Caliber resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2009 Dodge Caliber.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
A tidy conclusion
Cost effective 2009 Dodge Caliber insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area