Cheapest 2011 Dodge Caliber Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Because you have many options when it comes to insurance coverage, it’s difficult to locate the most cost effective company.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Caliber insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Car Insurance Comparisons
Most major insurance companies give coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their system sends out for your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best price possible.
An easier way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form to get prices from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It takes just a few minutes to complete and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
In order to use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Complexity of Dodge Caliber insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means fewer accidents.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Caliber may be wasting your money.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my 2011 Dodge Caliber qualify for pleasure use?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2011 Dodge Caliber is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies make the same claim about savings if you switch to their company. But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable customer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be quoted more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Dodge Caliber insurance.
Car insurance coverage options for a 2011 Dodge Caliber
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, pain and suffering, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like ambulance fees, doctor visits and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Do the work, save more money
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2011 Dodge Caliber insurance is attainable both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area