Cheapest 2009 Ford Escape Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance choices? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many options that it can easily become a challenge to find the best price.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this information. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Although vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies market insurance on the web.
Why your Ford Escape insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- With age comes lower rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Escape may be costing you. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system will order credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
This simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find better auto insurance pricing.
An easier way to lower your auto insurance bill requires only one form to return rates from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online much more efficient. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
To see a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2009 Ford Escape?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2009 Ford Escape?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Escape resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2009 Ford Escape.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, bail bonds, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as hospital visits, funeral costs and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Save your hard earned cash
Cost effective 2009 Ford Escape insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
More information is available below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area