2009 Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates – 7 Tips for Cheapest Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Honda Odyssey insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute cheapest price
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates on Odyssey insurance a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to put money back in your pocket.
Discounts mean cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Odyssey insurance depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, pain medications, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This covers damage to your Odyssey from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Be a penny pincher
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare 2009 Honda Odyssey insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Discount insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area