Cheapest 2011 Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Honda Odyssey? Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Honda Odyssey can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the proper way to compare rates on a Honda and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for car insurance over the internet.
Auto Insurance Comparisons
Cutting your auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Just take time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Just one form compares rates from several companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare Farmers, Liberty Mutual and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using identical coverages on every quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Honda Odyssey.
Discounts on Honda Odyssey insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less for Odyssey coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for Odyssey coverage with select insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
These factors can influence what you pay for Honda Odyssey insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- More claims means more premium – Companies provide lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can you really save $441 a year?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
That is why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest Honda Odyssey insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Odyssey caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like court costs, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Odyssey.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Keep this in mind
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare 2011 Honda Odyssey insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area