Mazda Mazda 3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Mazda 3 insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Mazda and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers need to shop coverage around periodically because car insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best price for 3 insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
How to get free car insurance quotes online
Finding a lower price on 2009 Mazda 3 insurance is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare free insurance quotes from some recommended companies. This can easily be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest and easiest way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This quick form eliminates the need for a different quote for every car insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to find better pricing requires a visit to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Progressive. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which can get old fast.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The old school method of getting rate comparisons is going to all the different insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be certain you are entering the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each quote you get. If each company quotes different values for each quote it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Mazda 3.
Find discounts on car insurance
Car insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for continuous insurance, save driver, good student, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, switch companies, multi-car, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, online shopper, anti-theft, and online quote.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, good driver, and ease of repair.
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For example, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I rate my 2009 Mazda 3 as pleasure use or commute?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2009 Mazda 3.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your 3 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area