2009 Mercury Milan Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2009 Mercury Milan are $1,002 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs approximately $180 each year, collision insurance costs $284, and liability costs around $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $446 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,162 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,916 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,002
Rate estimates for 2009 Mercury Milan Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2009 Mercury Milan models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $446 for only liability insurance to a high rate of $2,162 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2009 Mercury Milan Insurance
Overwhelmed by the number of insurance coverage options? You have a lot of company. People have so many options that it can easily become a real hassle to find better rates.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to compare 2009 Mercury Milan insurance prices consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The first (and easiest) way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, GEICO and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same information with each company. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. Just remember that quoting more helps locate a better price.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Milan coverage with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my 2009 Mercury Milan need full coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Mercury Milan rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Your location is important – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as doctors, business owners and accountants tend to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates on Milan coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Mercury has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying insurance coverage. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, hail damage, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Milan.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Stretch your dollar
Cost effective 2009 Mercury Milan insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,578|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,710|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$66|
|5-yr Claim Free||$64|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$40|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.