Cheapest 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the dozens of car insurance companies? You’re not the only one! There are so many options available that it can be a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on Malibu coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Malibu coverage with select insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my 2010 Chevy Malibu need full coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2010 Chevy Malibu?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you move to their company. How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. That is why you should compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Malibu insurance rates.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, medical expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Malibu caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable 2010 Chevy Malibu insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented many ways to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Other learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area