Cheapest 2010 Dodge Avenger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Dodge Avenger? People not familiar with shopping for insurance online could find buying low-cost auto insurance very challenging.
It is always a good idea to compare rates quite often since rates change frequently. Just because you had the best price on Avenger insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work. But car owners do need to understand the way companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Insurance Coverage Prices
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage quotes, and some are more efficient than others. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for every insurance coverage company. To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a page of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same coverage information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Dodge Avenger. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Are you getting all your discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Avenger insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Dodge Avenger premiums are determined by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Avenger scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like judges, social workers and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates on Avenger insurance.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2010 Dodge Avenger by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Avenger insurance.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2010 Dodge Avenger
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Avenger caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, legal defense fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as doctor visits, nursing services, EMT expenses and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Dodge Avenger.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Knowledge is power
We just presented many tips how you can save on 2010 Dodge Avenger insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Affordable insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area