Honda Honda Accord Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for a Honda Accord Crosstour could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Honda and obtain the lowest price.
Locating the lowest cost coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to compare prices on the web.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you have an active license, types of safety features, how much coverage you want, and if you’re married. Your information is instantly sent to multiple insurance coverage providers and they return rate quotes immediately.
To compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors determining your Honda Accord Crosstour insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Accord Crosstour insurance.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that you can buy on your Accord Crosstour policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for nursing services, doctor visits, funeral costs, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, fire damage, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Accord Crosstour from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord Crosstour.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, structural damage, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Have the Midas touch
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at these links:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area