Cheapest 2016 Honda Accord Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates? Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Honda Accord insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for your Honda and locate the lowest possible price.
It’s smart to quote other rates occasionally because prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest quotes for Accord insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on car insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Vehicle owners just need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your job, your education level, the ages of drivers, and whether you are married. The data is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly. It’s a great way to see if you can find cheap car insurance.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Honda Accord now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Drivers can’t avoid all the ads for auto insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO, and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise that people will save if you switch your coverage to them.
That’s great but how can every company give you a lower rate? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of this type of driver may be married and over the age of 30, has no tickets, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer that meets those criteria will get very good prices as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for this stringent profile will probably have to pay higher premiums and this results in the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can make those statements. Because every company is different, you should get insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will be your best fit.
How to Create Your Auto Insurance Policy
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase auto insurance rates – Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for the larger, substantial claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower prices – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Accord insurance.
- Liability coverage is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Careless driving leads to higher premiums – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even a single driving citation can increase rates by twenty percent. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2016 Honda Accord if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Younger drivers cost more – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims , and are generally more financially stable.
Lower Rates by Qualifying for Discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. The savings is around 10%.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will provide an incentive shop insurance digitally online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Accord insurance.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Some companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered everywhere.
What makes car insurance so unique?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my 2016 Honda Accord covered for smoke damage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2016 Honda Accord to commute?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Types of Coverage You Can Consider
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage to your Accord caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability Car Insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, loss of income, emergency aid, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive Coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount an auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist Insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for Medical Payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage.
Saving Money on Your 2016 Honda Accord Insurance Costs: Summary
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings cost them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered many ways to lower your 2016 Honda Accord insurance car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
You can use these links to find additional helpful information:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for customers that earn them a profit. They offer lower rates to customers who fit a specific criteria, such as being married, over the age of 30, having no tickets, and driving fewer than 5,000 miles a year. The ads you see about saving money by switching insurance companies usually refer to drivers who meet this profile. It’s important to get insurance quotes regularly because each company has its own criteria and rates can vary.
How do I create my auto insurance policy?
Several factors are considered when calculating car insurance premiums. These factors include your driving record, vehicle usage, and financial responsibility. To qualify for discounts, you should inquire about available options when purchasing your policy. Keep in mind that discounts may not apply to your overall cost, as they often reduce specific coverage prices. It’s best to ask each company or agent about the discounts you may be eligible for.
What makes car insurance unique?
Car insurance is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Everyone’s situation is unique, and the coverage you need depends on various factors. To determine if you need assistance from an insurance agent, consider the following questions: Do you have a leased vehicle? Do you have a loan on your vehicle? Do you have valuable assets to protect? If you’re unsure about your coverage needs, it’s recommended to consult with a licensed insurance agent.
- What are the types of coverage I should consider for my auto insurance policy?
There are several types of coverage to consider, including:
- Collision Coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle caused by collision with another object or car.
- Liability Car Insurance: Protects you from damages or injuries you cause to others.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle from events other than collision, such as fire or falling objects.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: Protects you and your vehicle’s occupants if the other driver has insufficient or no liability coverage.
- Medical Payments/Personal Injury Protection: Reimburses medical expenses for you and your passengers.
How can I save money on my 2016 Honda Accord insurance costs?
To save money on insurance costs, it is important not to reduce coverage to lower premiums. Instead, consider the following:
- Obtain multiple rate quotes to compare prices from different insurance companies.
- Look for available discounts and inquire about them when getting quotes.
- Maintain a good driving record and take advantage of safe driver discounts.
- Consider increasing deductibles, especially for older vehicles.
- Regularly review your policy and coverage to ensure you’re getting the best rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area