Compare 2010 Honda Odyssey Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Honda Odyssey insurance can drain your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
How to Buy Insurance Coverage Online
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest 2010 Honda Odyssey insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One simple form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to the website of each company to request a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Allstate and GEICO. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Honda Odyssey. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, more quotes helps locate lower pricing.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Odyssey coverage with select insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Odyssey coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2010 Honda Odyssey?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Honda Odyssey
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and theft. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, EMT expenses, surgery and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Odyssey caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area