Lower Your 2010 Pontiac Vibe Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for a Pontiac Vibe can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Pontiac and get the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage yearly because rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rates on Vibe insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Shopping for the cheapest coverage can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to know the most effective way to compare company rates on the web.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You can waste hours talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers submit one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same coverages for every company. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate.
Discounts mean cheaper 2010 Pontiac Vibe insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Some factors that can determine what Pontiac Vibe insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Vibe insurance.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance coverage companies give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance coverage policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Vibe can cost quite a bit.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies give better rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Pontiac Vibe has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Just one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Lower rates come with age – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2010 Pontiac Vibe?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Vibe caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services, X-ray expenses and dental work. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Pontiac Vibe.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Save your hard earned cash
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare 2010 Pontiac Vibe insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance coverage companies is easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area