2010 Volvo S80 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Volvo S80 are $1,282 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $244, collision costs $406, and liability insurance costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,778. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,946 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,282
Rate estimates for 2010 Volvo S80 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Volvo S80 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $522 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,778 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Volvo S80 Insurance
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Volvo S80 insurance can empty your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates for S80 coverage six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Drivers just need to learn the tricks to find the lowest price online.
Compare Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After the form is submitted, their system requests credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on insurance coverage.
The easy way to compare rates
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online shopping much easier to do. After sending the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes returned.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a fair comparison for similar coverage.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for S80 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for S80 coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Why your Volvo S80 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and performers receive lower rates for S80 coverage.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your S80 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2010 Volvo S80?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, surgery and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays for damage to your S80 caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Volvo S80.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability car insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, court costs, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Get your money’s worth
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on 2010 Volvo S80 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,028|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,196|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$89|
|5-yr Claim Free||$83|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$54|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.