2011 BMW X5 Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high.
Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
Automobile Insurance Quotes
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The recommended way to find the lowest 2011 BMW X5 rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from all major companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Progressive, GEICO and Travelers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you are comparing different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your BMW X5. Quoting even small variations in limits may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps locate better pricing.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance on X5 coverage.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts, click here.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2011 BMW X5?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2011 BMW X5?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Parts of the BMW X5 rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as judges, architects and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average in part from high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay the least on X5 coverage.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Car insurance companies provide cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurance companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Can switching companies really save?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch to them. How does each company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged more money which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest BMW X5 insurance rates.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your BMW X5.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision insurance covers damage to your X5 caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, theft, hail damage, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Never pay more for less
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on 2011 BMW X5 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area