Cheapest 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive car insurance can empty your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to pick the lowest price insurer.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Camaro coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The purpose of this post is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. Although vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to sell online and apply this information to your search.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as your general credit rating, types of safety features, driver ages, and your education level. The rating information is instantly sent to many different companies and you get price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Camaro coverage with certain companies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Camaro coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Chevy Camaro insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Companies award cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurers give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my Chevy Camaro covered if I use it for business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company. But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards must pay higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance company will have the lowest Chevy Camaro insurance rates.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage to your Camaro resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Camaro.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as pain medications, chiropractic care, hospital visits, nursing services and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, structural damage, loss of income and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-conscious 2011 Chevy Camaro insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area