Compare 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance prices for a Chevy Silverado 1500 can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Low Cost Auto Insurance
Getting a cheaper price on 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating a different quote for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and Farmers. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, compare apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy Silverado 1500.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Silverado coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Silverado coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance rates consist of many parts
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If the Chevy Silverado 1500 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you switch to them.
How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can state the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Silverado 1500
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado 1500.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills like dental work, surgery, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Silverado 1500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Buy Smart and Save
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Low-cost 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area