2009 Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado are $1,238 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $206, collision costs $328, and liability costs around $524. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $580 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,676. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,918 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,238
Rate estimates for 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2009 Chevrolet Silverado models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $580 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $2,676 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Silverado 1500? Overpriced Chevrolet Silverado 1500 insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the best insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons every six months since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for Silverado coverage a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to find cheap car insurance.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find better prices and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop online.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
Cutting your car insurance rates can be quick and easy. Just invest a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to shop for car insurance online requires a trip to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from State Farm, Progressive and GMAC. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages for each price quote. If you enter different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Silverado coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance rates are influenced by…
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Chevy Silverado 1500 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado 1500.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your Silverado 1500 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Other learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,956|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,118|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$80|
|5-yr Claim Free||$78|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.