2011 Chrysler 200 Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive auto insurance can overdraw your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to help make ends meet.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices directly from their websites. This process is fairly simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to do this if you want to find lower prices.
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to obtain quotes from multiple companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. After sending the form, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the pricing results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you switch to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance rates.
Impacting insurance rates for a Chrysler 200
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the items that factor into rates.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- High deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chrysler from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your insurance will be for 200 insurance.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and performers receive lower rates for 200 insurance.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your 200 can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
Don’t miss these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy for 200 insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for 200 insurance with certain companies.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need help?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your 200 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, theft and hitting a bird. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chrysler 200.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses like rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a money saver!
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2011 Chrysler 200 insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance can be read at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area