Cheapest 2011 Ford Flex Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Flex? Nobody looks forward to paying for insurance, especially knowing the price is too high. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate persitently shower you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Consumers only need to know the best way to get comparison rates on the web.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Reducing your 2011 Ford Flex insurance rates is not rocket science. Drivers just need to spend a little time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One simple form will get you price quotes instantly.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from State Farm, Farmers and American Family. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare identical coverages with each company. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Ford Flex.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Flex insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when buying insurance coverage on Flex insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Flex.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Flex resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills such as chiropractic care, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2011 Ford Flex?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 2011 Ford Flex involves considering several factors. Here are a few tips:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and coverage options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance premiums.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your insurance premium. However, ensure you can afford to pay the deductible amount in case of an accident.
- Bundle policies: Consider bundling your auto insurance with other insurance policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, as some insurers offer discounts for multiple policies.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-car discounts, or loyalty discounts that may be applicable to your situation.
What are some factors that affect the cost of insurance for a 2011 Ford Flex?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2011 Ford Flex, including:
- Age and driving experience of the primary driver: Younger or inexperienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Where you live and park your vehicle can impact insurance costs. Areas with higher crime rates or more traffic congestion may lead to higher premiums.
- Vehicle usage: The purpose for which you use your Ford Flex, such as commuting or personal use, can affect insurance rates.
- Insurance coverage and deductibles: The level of coverage you choose and the deductibles you opt for will impact the cost of insurance.
- Safety features: Vehicles equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft systems may qualify for insurance discounts.
- Claim history: Your past claims or accidents can affect your insurance premium. A history of frequent claims may result in higher rates.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates for a 2011 Ford Flex?
Insurance rates can vary between companies, and it’s essential to compare quotes from different insurers to find the most affordable option for your 2011 Ford Flex. Some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates and discounts include Progressive, Geico, State Farm, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual. However, rates can differ based on various factors, so it’s crucial to obtain personalized quotes from multiple providers.
Should I consider purchasing additional coverage options for my 2011 Ford Flex?
The decision to purchase additional coverage options depends on your personal circumstances and preferences. While the minimum liability coverage required by law is mandatory, you may want to consider additional coverage options like collision coverage and comprehensive coverage. Collision coverage helps pay for repairs to your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident, while comprehensive coverage protects against non-collision events like theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. Evaluate the value of your vehicle, your budget, and your risk tolerance to determine if these additional coverages are necessary for you.
Are there any discounts specifically available for insuring a 2011 Ford Flex?
Insurance companies may offer various discounts that could apply to insuring a 2011 Ford Flex. While discounts can vary between insurers, here are a few common ones to inquire about:
- Safety features discount: If your Ford Flex is equipped with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: If you have a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations, you may qualify for a good driver discount.
- Multi-car discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, including your 2011 Ford Flex, you might be eligible for a multi-car discount.
- Bundling discount: If you bundle your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, you may receive a discount on all the policies.
- Loyalty discount: Some insurers offer discounts to customers who have been with them for an extended period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area