Ford Ford Mustang Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
People who are new to shopping for insurance online could find purchasing cheap auto insurance is not as easy as it seems. It can be difficult to figure out how much your Mustang 2011 costs for auto insurance. We’ll help you learn the best way to find affordable 2011 Ford Mustang Insurance that meets your needs
2011 Ford Mustang Insurance Coverage Prices
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2011 Ford Mustang insurance coverage, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you are unable to specify the insurers to receive prices from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare, we have a listing of companies who write insurance coverage in your area.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare the exact same coverages and limits with each company. If you have differing limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Ford Mustang. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps you find the best offered rates.
2011 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates have Many Determining Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will make your car insurance price lower.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a young driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and performers get better rates on Mustang insurance.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. If your policy improperly rates your Mustang can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Ford Mustang has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Don’t Overlook These Auto Insurance Discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Mustang insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- If my 2011 Ford Mustang is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent.
Detailed Coverages of Your Car Insurance Policy
Having a good grasp of an insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Mustang caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, pain medications and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, medical services, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, fire damage, hail damage, theft and vandalism. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Ford Mustang 2011 Costs for Insurance: More Effort Can Pay Off
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for 2011 Ford Mustang insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Cheaper insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area