Cheapest 2011 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Are you a victim of overpriced car insurance? Believe me when I say many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the definite best rates possible.
It’s important to check car insurance prices at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates for Taurus coverage a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. But vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
How to Get Insurance Coverage
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste hours driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use the web for quick rates.
Many companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for every insurance coverage company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which providers you want pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use identical quote information for each comparison quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Ford Taurus. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Taurus coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Taurus coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors determining your Ford Taurus insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be for Taurus coverage.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Ford Taurus is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and accountants have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates for Taurus coverage.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What if I total my 2011 Ford Taurus and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Taurus caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Taurus.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
One last thing about your coverage
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious 2011 Ford Taurus insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get insurance coverage for my Ford Taurus?
To get insurance coverage for your Ford Taurus, you can follow these steps:
- Perform a rate comparison: Use online tools that allow you to enter your coverage details and receive quotes from multiple insurance companies. This will help you compare rates and find the best option for your needs.
- Consider specific providers: If you have preferred insurance providers, you can visit their websites or contact them directly to inquire about their rates for your Ford Taurus.
- Ensure consistent quote information: When comparing quotes, make sure to provide the same coverage details and limits to get accurate and fair comparisons.
Are there any discounts available to lower my auto insurance rates?
Yes, there are various discounts available that can help reduce your auto insurance rates. Some common discounts include:
- Safe driver discounts: If you have a clean driving record without any accidents or violations, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-policy discounts: Bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, can often lead to discounts.
- Vehicle safety features: Cars equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft systems may be eligible for discounts.
It’s important to check with your insurance company to see which discounts they offer and how you can qualify for them.
What factors determine the insurance premium for a Ford Taurus?
Several factors influence the insurance premium for a Ford Taurus. These factors can include:
- Your location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live due to factors like crime rates and the likelihood of accidents.
- Your driving record: A clean driving record with no accidents or violations generally leads to lower insurance premiums.
- Vehicle make and model: The specific make and model of your Ford Taurus can affect your insurance rates. Some cars may have higher repair costs or be more prone to theft, leading to higher premiums.
- Coverage options and deductibles: The types and amounts of coverage you choose, as well as the deductible you select, can impact your premium.
How do I determine the right insurance coverage for my Ford Taurus?
Choosing the right insurance coverage for your Ford Taurus depends on your individual needs and circumstances. Consider the following:
- Liability coverage: This coverage is typically required by law and protects you from damages or injuries you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: If you want coverage for damage to your own vehicle, including accidents, theft, or natural disasters, you may opt for collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection: These coverages can help pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault.
It’s a good idea to evaluate your budget, the value of your vehicle, and your risk tolerance when determining the right coverage options for your Ford Taurus.
Should I prioritize price over coverage when buying insurance for my Ford Taurus?
While it’s important to find affordable insurance rates, it’s equally crucial to prioritize adequate coverage for your Ford Taurus. Skimping on coverage to save money can leave you vulnerable to financial loss in the event of an accident or other unforeseen circumstances. It’s recommended to strike a balance between affordability and comprehensive coverage that meets your needs and provides sufficient protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area