Cheapest 2008 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Ford Taurus insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a Ford and find the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Ford Taurus rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Ford. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Taurus coverage.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your 2008 Taurus policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Ford Taurus has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Save on 2008 Ford Taurus insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2008 Ford Taurus?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, vandalism, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Taurus resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Taurus.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Find Good Coverage for Less
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for 2008 Ford Taurus insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Cheaper insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area