2011 Nissan Versa Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Nissan Versa are $1,198 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $200 each year, collision costs $380, and liability insurance costs around $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,606 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,710 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,198
Rate estimates for 2011 Nissan Versa Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Nissan Versa models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $510 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $2,606 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why all drivers should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Nissan Versa Insurance
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Nissan Versa? Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to get the best rates possible.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand the tricks to compare rates over the internet.
Save on 2011 Nissan Versa insurance
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance for Versa coverage.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Versa coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
Nissan Versa rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some insurers provide better rates to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan Versa has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Nissan. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be for Versa coverage.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your Versa policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Versa insurance.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Versa.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, structural damage, medical services, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Versa resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare 2011 Nissan Versa insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,893|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,046|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$83|
|5-yr Claim Free||$77|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$50|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.