Cheapest 2014 Nissan Versa Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance rates for your Nissan Versa? Having to pay for overpriced Nissan Versa insurance can overdraw your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the most affordable insurance company.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Versa coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Locating the lowest cost insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about everyone who is required by state law to have insurance will most likely be able to find better rates. But car owners must learn how the larger insurance companies compete online.
How to Get Car Insurance
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Most of the larger companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each participating company can give them a price based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click to open in new window.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which providers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you enter higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Nissan Versa. Just a small difference in limits can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I rate my 2014 Nissan Versa as pleasure use or commute?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my 2014 Nissan Versa covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Parts of the Nissan Versa rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your 2014 Nissan Versa by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Versa can cost quite a bit. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to their company. But how can every company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Nissan Versa insurance rates.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your Versa caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Nissan Versa.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Shop smart and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced 2014 Nissan Versa insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Austin? (AustinCarInsuranceQuotes.com)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area