Cheapest 2011 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find affordable Subaru Legacy insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Subaru and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage for Legacy insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive better insurance coverage rates for Legacy insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Legacy insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Some factors that can determine what Subaru Legacy insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Credit scores impact insurance coverage rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2011 Subaru Legacy by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Companies provide better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy shows the correct driver usage. Incorrect usage on your Legacy may be costing you.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for nursing services, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Legacy resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, loss of income, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, vandalism, damage from getting keyed, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount 2011 Subaru Legacy insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read at these links:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2011 Subaru Legacy?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2011 Subaru Legacy. These factors include the driver’s age, location, driving history, credit score, coverage options chosen, and the specific insurance provider’s pricing policies. Additionally, the car’s model (Subaru Legacy), safety features, theft rates, repair costs, and the overall claims history for this particular vehicle may also impact the insurance rates.
Is the Subaru Legacy considered an affordable car to insure?
The Subaru Legacy is generally considered an affordable car to insure. It is often equipped with safety features, has good safety ratings, and its repair costs are typically reasonable. Additionally, Subaru vehicles are known for their reliability and durability, which can also contribute to lower insurance rates. However, insurance rates can still vary depending on other factors such as the driver’s profile, the specific model of the Subaru Legacy, and the insurance provider’s policies.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2011 Subaru Legacy?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2011 Subaru Legacy, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a good driving history can help you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Increase your deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but it also means you’ll pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask the insurance provider about any available discounts such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for safety features like anti-theft devices or driver assistance systems.
- Consider additional security measures: Installing anti-theft devices or a vehicle tracking system may help reduce the risk of theft and potentially lower your insurance rates.
Can the location where I live impact the insurance rates for my 2011 Subaru Legacy?
Yes, the location where you live can influence your insurance rates. Insurance providers consider factors like the crime rate, traffic density, and the likelihood of accidents or thefts in your area when determining insurance premiums. If you live in an area with high crime rates, congested traffic, or a high number of accidents, your insurance rates may be higher.
Are there any specific safety features that can help reduce the insurance rates for a 2011 Subaru Legacy?
Yes, the 2011 Subaru Legacy may come with safety features that can potentially lower insurance rates. These features may include anti-lock brakes (ABS), airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), traction control, and other advanced driver assistance systems. Insurance providers may offer discounts for having these safety features in your vehicle.
Should I consider minimum coverage or full coverage for my 2011 Subaru Legacy?
The decision between minimum coverage and full coverage depends on your individual circumstances and preferences. Minimum coverage typically fulfills the legal requirements but may leave you financially vulnerable in case of an accident. Full coverage provides additional protection by including comprehensive and collision coverage, which covers damages to your own vehicle as well. Evaluate your budget, the value of your car, and your willingness to bear out-of-pocket expenses to determine which coverage option is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area