Cheapest 2012 Dodge Challenger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Dodge Challenger insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Dodge and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for Challenger coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to quit paying high insurance rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance for Challenger coverage.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better insurance rates for Challenger coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
For a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Finding Car Insurance Deals
Getting a cheaper price on 2012 Dodge Challenger insurance is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates consists of going to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Farmers, GEICO and GMAC. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Dodge Challenger.
Dodge Challenger rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items that factor into rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Dodge from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be for Challenger coverage.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Companies award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town can save you money when talking about car insurance. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2012 Dodge Challenger is totaled?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2012 Dodge Challenger?
- Does my 2012 Dodge Challenger need full coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, bail bonds, funeral expenses, attorney fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Challenger.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, surgery, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, fire damage, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 2012 Dodge Challenger insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
Discount insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area