Cheapest 2012 Lexus IS F Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating cheaper insurance for your Lexus IS F can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Lexus and find the lowest price.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around on the web.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for IS F coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2012 Lexus IS F?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This will pay to fix damage to your IS F resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Quote often and quote early
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce 2012 Lexus IS F insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2012 Lexus IS F?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2012 Lexus IS F, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2012 Lexus IS F?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Lexus IS F, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your Lexus IS F, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2012 Lexus IS F, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2012 Lexus IS F?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2012 Lexus IS F?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Lexus IS F (or any vehicle) include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Lexus IS F and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2012 Lexus IS F is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Lexus IS F extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you have a student driver with good grades, you may qualify for discounted rates.
- Pay-in-full discount: Some insurers offer discounts if you pay your premium in full rather than in installments.
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2012 Lexus IS F?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2012 Lexus IS F:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area