2013 Cadillac XTS Insurance Rates – 9 Tips for Best Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other consumers.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rates possible.
How to Compare Car Insurance Rates
There are several ways to compare quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to compare 2013 Cadillac XTS insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate forms for every car insurance company. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Farmers and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is driving around to different agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare exactly the same information on every quote. If you compare differing limits it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Cadillac XTS. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in large price differences. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Lower rates by qualifying for these nine discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- E-sign – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for XTS insurance with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2013 Cadillac XTS?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your XTS caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, hitting a bird, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for surgery, funeral costs and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2013 Cadillac XTS.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area