2013 Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have options when searching for low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and get the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. This article will help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Consumers just need to learn the proper way to buy insurance coverage over the internet.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Cruze insurance with certain companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Lowering your 2013 Chevy Cruze insurance coverage rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Just invest a few minutes to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company. A single form will return price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from GEICO, Liberty Mutual and American Family. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits with every price quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine the best price for your Chevy Cruze.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and theft. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for dental work, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Cruze.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Cruze resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare 2013 Chevy Cruze insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a small local company.
Cheaper insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found at these sites:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area