Cheapest 2013 Lincoln MKZ Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Lincoln MKZ? Nobody I know likes paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
You should take the time to compare rates every six months because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price for MKZ coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Getting a lower price on 2013 Lincoln MKZ insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Farmers and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverages with each company. If you have mixed coverages you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Lincoln MKZ.
Factors that can influence Lincoln MKZ insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for MKZ coverage.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2013 Lincoln MKZ by improving your rating.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is PIP insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2013 Lincoln MKZ?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your MKZ resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for EMT expenses, doctor visits, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Affordable insurance is out there
When shopping online for insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2013 Lincoln MKZ insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area